View Shopping Cart
Printer Service & Support
Printer Service & Support on thermal transfer and direct thermal printer systems are available from Crown Labels. We offer support services for; Printer Support Contract, Printer Maintenance, Callout, Shop Repair, Installation and Training.
Minimise lost production with a full service and maintenance contract to identify and rectify faults before they occur. Our engineers will carry out a printer health check and service for optimal performance.
Preventative maintenance includes inspecting and cleaning all components, re-alignment, adjustments and producing test prints. The engineer will report all findings and provide any recommendations for future use.
Onsite Printer Repair Contract
We offer annual onsite repair contracts for all makes and models of thermal transfer and direct thermal printer systems. We can offer 2 different packages for onsite support including our Premium Plus printer repair contract.
Annual printer repair contracts provide a fixed cost upfront allowing businesses to budget in advance for potential malfunctions to printing operations, whether these consist of single printers or hundreds of printers spread across multiple manufacturing locations.
The Premium and Premium Plus contracts are offered with a NEXT BUSINESS WORKING DAY response level. This means that the call will be responded to by 5pm on the following working day.
Option 1: Premium Printer Repair Contract
- All engineers travel time to and from site for qualified repair visits
- All labour charges as required to fix the printer breakdown
- The cost and supply of all non-consumable parts*
- As many visits as required throughout the contract period for qualified repairs
- Telephone technical support for printer repair issues
This contract DOES NOT include the cost of visits for fitting consumable parts such as print heads and platen rollers, visits due to media issues, support for labelling software, printer repairs due to malicious damage or issues as a result of operator misuse.
These include the parts on a printer that are high wear items and include the print-head, platen and pinch rollers. In other words these items need changing on a regular basis depending on the volume of media passing through the printer.
Option 2: Premium Printer Repair Contract
- All engineers travel time to and from site for all visits
- All labour charges as required to fix the printer issue
- All labour charges for replacing print-heads and platen rollers
- The cost and supply of all non-consumable parts
- As many visits as required throughout the contract period including visits for media issues
- Telephone technical support for all issues
- 1 visit per year for preventative maintenance on each printer covered
- Support for standard labelling software programs (Ultralbel, GoLabel, Bartender, NiceLabel)
This contract DOES include the cost of visits for fitting consumable parts* such as print heads and platen rollers but does not include the cost of these parts. The contract also includes visits as required due to media issues or printer setup. This contract does not include the cost of visits or repairs for malicious damage.
Preventative Maintenance Visits
Prevent lost production by identifying and rectifying faults before they occur. Our engineers will give your printer a health check and a service to ensure that it is ready for optimal performance. Preventative maintenance visit can be carried out on single or multiple printer; pricing will very depending on ow may printers are on site.
- Remove printer outer shell and inspect / clean all drive belts, sensors, drive rollers, feed rollers, spools and feed mechanism
- An inspection of the printheads / platen rollers / and media guides – clean, re-align and adjust if necessary, test
- Inspect processor boards and power supply
- Label ribbon test, match, check and advice on quality issues
- Re-assemble and clean internal areas of the printer
- Complete test prints and report (all findings) to end user and also provide recommendations for future use
Ad Hoc Callout
When a faulty printer isn’t covered under an annual printer contract, Ad Hoc call outs allow the printer to be repaired on a call by call basis without the need for a contract. An engineer will be dispatched to assess and, if possible, repair the printer.
A standard call out charge is applied which includes the first half an hour on site. An hourly charge is then applied for every hour (or part of) that the engineer is on site. Half day or full day rate are available to book in advance. Please note that location surcharges may apply depending on location.
Crown Labels aims to have an engineer on site the next working day but this may extend to 3 days depending on contractual workload.
Workshop Repair Service
Crown Labels can offer a on site workshop repair service for when this is a more suitable option than sending an engineer. Workshop repairs are often the most cost effective solution for non-urgent repairs, and ideal for companies that have spare printers available.
For a small fee Printers can be sent in for workshop inspection and will be assessed within two working days at which point a quotation will be generated, advising on the costs to fix the printer. Repairs will be carried out within 3 days of authorisation (subject to parts availability). The workshop inspection fee will be refunded if a workshop repair goes ahead.
Our team of engineers can provide printer and equipment installations to suit our customers needs.
Standard Printer Installation
Our standard installation service includes engineer callout, unpacking the printer, printer set up and the connection to a pre-loaded standard labelling software program (non networked). Our engineer will also show the operator the basic printer functions.
Printer And Software Installation
Our printer and software installation service includes the engineer travelling to site, unpacking the printer, printer set up, loading the standard Windows labelling software program onto a local computer (non networked). Our engineer will also show the operator the basic printer functions.
Printer Operator Training
The on site training course is available for customers who’d like to improve efficiency among printer operators, and to get a fuller understanding of how the printers work. The basic course overview includes;
- Basic parts identifiaction and labour
- Basic printer operations
- Loading of the media – ribbons and labels
- General maintenance – printhead, platten roller and sensor cleaning
- Adjustments – printheads, sensor position, parameter adjustments – General faults / trouble shooting
The course will be hands on with the operators encouraged to have a go at every aspect.
Half Day Course (up to four hours)
Full Day Course (up to eight hours)
The course is primarily designed for novice printer operators. If you require a customised course for more experienced staff, please contact us for further information.